Saturday, December 28, 2013

Week 2

I've been having so much fun here in the MTC! Time really is flying by like crazy!




Sunday Dec 21, 2013: Elder Gilbert and I were called as Co-District Leaders, with him being active DL for 2 weeks and then I will be active DL for the last 2 weeks. And something exciting for me because I can rub it in all of your faces...I had to tighten my belt another notch!! hahaha I don't know how because I eat so much food here, but I'm losing weight!

Tuesday Dec 24, 2013: Class started kicking into gear today. Our teacher told us if we get something and feel like we're going too slow that we can speed up and we all decided we wanted to go faster at learning the language! I'm using a technique called SYL (speak your language) where we speak Spanish in normal conversation as much as possible! It really helps! So funniest story here in the MTC so far. Do you know how people say that every missionary poops their pants once? Well I was sitting in my apartment room and I hear this screaming "NOOO NOOO WHY??" coming from the bathroom.. it was elder sonntag who decided to fart while he was standing up and peeing.. and you can guess what happened.. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
 
 
 
Wednesday Dec 25, 2013: So Christmas in the MTC was really cool! I kind of got my hopes up with everyone telling me how amazing it would be.. It was still really cool, just not what I expected. There was a really awesome talent show! One elder did a magic show that was just plain amazing. Everyone loved it! Another elder did a funny dance with a bottle on his head! It was hilarious! For one of the devotionals, Elder Bednar came and spoke to us! That was the coolest part of the day. And how he did his talk was even more amazing. He passed out 200 cell phones to be passed around to text questions to his iPad! It was a live broadcast to all the other MTC's in the world as well so he was getting questions from them too! My favorite quote from him which is a rare thing to hear from the mouth of an apostle was "If you try to call home, I'll find you and do bad things to you!" ha ha it was hilarious! 
 
So for my favorite scripture for my mission plaque, I really like Doctrine and Covenants 31: 3-13. And I like verse 3 the most. If not that scripture, I like Ether 12:27
 
My alarm clock you sent works great and my sweater fits perfect!
 
I love everyone and miss you all! 

Love, Elder Koehler

No comments:

Post a Comment